Children's Miracle Network!

Please help me reach my goal of raising $2,000 for the Children's Miracle Network. Every penny counts! Just follow the link below http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=20917B8793F94F

Friday, October 8, 2010

Deep Breaths

Fist, I will say, Yes... this is delayed.. but, when I explain my schedule, I bet you will forgive me :) As you know, I recently started full time at PwC... so that means two weeks of training in Pittsburgh. I have been home for a week and a half now (where I spent every waking hour literally working or studying). I sat for another section of my CPA on Wednesday... it did not seem to promising when a tear rolled down my cheek about 36 minutes into the exam.

But anyway, I had a grueling two weeks in Pittsburgh. While it was a lot of fun meeting all of the new people in the Lake Erie class of 2010, I had to head back to my room to study every night boo! About 4 days before I said goodbye to Pittsburgh, I received a phone call from my mother, my grandmother had been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. We are very grateful because due to my Aunt's pestering, my Grandma had her yearly exams tested and therefore, caught the disease in its earliest phase. Two days later, my phone rang again, this time it was Pilar. She told me about the Breast Cancer awareness walk that was going to be held in the Finger Lakes that coming coming weekend. I really wanted to be apart of it, but I was torn. I was so sick, I had an exam in a week, I would already have to drive 5 hours to Rochester and didn't want to tack on another 2, but I decided that it was important for me to be there. Team Style (our team name) raised over $700 for the event. It was so empowering, there were hundreds of people that came out for the first annual walk in corning. Teams were made up of not only supporters, but survivors. Even though I was sneezing the whole walk, I am so grateful to have been a part of the event.

I have pictures of this, but I am not technologically savvy and my computer (or possibly myself) is being dysfunctional so I cannot transfer them. As soon as the problem is solved I will put them on facebook!

On Sunday, I am off to California for two weeks to begin an audit!! You probably will not hear from me for a few weeks because I am sure I will be in my work and study coma, on the beach of course :)

Move it and Lose it Challenge # I have no idea: Take an hour for yourself each week. This is a lesson that I have been learning the hard way. For example, when you constantly work/study, you get very stressed. When you get stressed two things may happy. 1. Your immune system can get very weak and 2. you will have a harder time staying in shape because your body is working so hard to fight the stress. If you can take even an hour to go for a walk, be lazy on the couch, or read a book, every week your stress level may decrease and your body will respond positively :)


P.S. Stacey Minchin and Felica Ramos are competing for Miss NY International tomorrow (I was supposed to go but my business trip got moved up so I have to be at the airport at 7 am sunday morning :( ) Please wish them luck!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment