- Never leave your suitcase on the floor (use the provided suitcase rack)
- Make sure your suitcase is zipped up at all times.
- Don't throw your clothing on the floor, if you put it in the drawers make sure you put your dirty clothes right back into your zipped suitcase.
- Inspect the bed when you get there. Leave the lights off and use a small flashlight to look in the box spring and the seams of the mattress. The bugs are very small but you can see them.
- Check out bedbugregistry.com to see if they have been reported at the hotel you are staying at.
- When you return home, vacuum your suitcase before bringing it inside (you must change the vacuum bag when finished because they can live in the bag).
Okay now that I freaked everyone out, I have had time for some other fun things in the past two weeks other than bed bugs. Stacey Minchin, Miss New York International, and I teamed up to make some appearances!
First, we helped out at the Meals on Wheels pancake breakfast. Our job was to be waitresses and Stacey did a good job... me on the other hand, I tried my best :) The turn out was awesome and we had such a great time working together that we figured we would do it again the next week.
Our next event together was the inaugural Veterans Day Walk/Run. I think we were the only two that decided to walk haha, but hey, we crossed the finish line still standing!
Our next event together will be on Sunday at the Corning Parade of Lights!
P.S. If anyone is serious about going to watch Stacey in Chicago this July as she competes for Miss International, please let me know. My mom and I will be scheduling our flights/hotel in the upcoming weeks!