Children's Miracle Network!

Please help me reach my goal of raising $2,000 for the Children's Miracle Network. Every penny counts! Just follow the link below http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=20917B8793F94F

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Let's show 'em how it's done in the country!



Normally, when you think about a parades, you think about the beauty queen riding along luxuriously on the back of a convertible. Well, that is not how we roll in Cayton! This weekend was the Cayton Days festival and I was very honored to be a part of it. I met up with the Colonial Days Queens on Saturday morning for the annual parade, but there were no convertibles waiting for us...




That's right! We all got our own pickup truck! It was pretty awesome, especially since this was my very first time standing in the bed of a moving truck! When I was younger, my mother would never even allow me to sit in the back of a moving pickup...but she made an exception on Saturday :)

Another very exciting event took place this weekend. Stacey Minchin was crowned Miss Thunder Country and will be competing for the title of Miss New York International!! I am so proud of her; she has worked extremely hard to promote her platform of the American Cancer Society. I know that she will do great things in her year. If anyone would like to join me, I will be supporting our girl Stacey at the New York International pageant this October! Again, congratulations my dear, you are very deserving!

Stacey Minchin, Miss Thunder Country, with 1st Runner Up, Stephanie Ramos

No comments:

Post a Comment