Children's Miracle Network!

Please help me reach my goal of raising $2,000 for the Children's Miracle Network. Every penny counts! Just follow the link below http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=20917B8793F94F

Monday, August 9, 2010

"Kick it to Amy...She can't throw it"


The EXACT words of the boys on the opposing team of Kickball today during a Get in the Game Activity.... HARSH (although, sadly true)!! I am more than half way through my Get in the Game summer program and I must say, I am having a blast with it. I cannot determine for certain that the kids are participating in the different activities because they want to or because they earn points for a Sea Breeze trip with their activity hours... I am going to have to say it's a bit of both :)



Taking a step back now to Thursday! Thursday was a LOOONG day for me. It started at 5:45 (yes a.m.) when I got out of bed so that I could get into the office early. Getting in early = Getting out early. At 4:30, I kicked off my heels and slid on the flip flops as I got into my car for a very familiar drive. For anyone that does not know, I live in Rochester... I could easily do community service here, but I wanted to make sure this year that I am representing the area that believed in me and named me as its title holder. So every weekend I drive one hour and forty-seven minutes to the Finger Lakes! When I arrived I found myself surrounded by a bunch of cars, people, and vendors.. that's right.. RACE FEVER! At the event, I sold tickets to help support Meals on Wheels! Each ticket purchased bought you a duck. Yeap, that is right, a duck. It wasn't real of course, although that would have been AWESOME (I used to have three ducks.. Huey, Duey, and Louie... Duey got hit by a car, it was traumatizing). At the end of Race Fever, all of the ducks were thrown into the river, like so....







... and the person's duck that made it to the finish line first won a trip to Hawaii! Unfortunately, my duck must have got lost on the 50 foot path the finish because I never received that phone call welcoming me aboard to the Aloha State. :( oh well.


I was quite the Salesperson :)








Friday morning I woke up and drove back to Rochester for the PwC picnic, which was followed by the Park Ave Arts Festival on Saturday. What did I do on Sunday morning you ask? I got back in the car and drove to Elmira, NY! It was time for another Wal Mart fundraiser. This was my first time doing a fund raiser at this particular Wal Mart. Unfortunately, I was double booked with another organization, so I was a little nervous of how the day would turn out, but my two little helpers seemed to win over the customers! In total, we raised $172 in four hours! A big thank you Walmart, Jaida, Mini Miss Colonial Days 2010 and Nayanna, Mini Miss Congeniality 2010.










The week ahead:

Saturday: Miss Thousand Islands 2011 Pageant!!
Monday: Get in the Game Monday at Family Services


Move it and Lose it Challenge #3: Pre-package your daily snacks! I have often fallen victim to the vending machine. On Thursday, I took an inventory of it (aka checked out the snacks) to see if there was anything healthy in there. Surprise surprise, there wasn't. Before you go to sleep, pre-package any grapes, granola bars, yogurt, strawberries, etc. that you will need to quench your hunger for the following day. That way you will be less likely to be searching for that 75 cents and more likely to fit into those goal jeans that you have been saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment