Children's Miracle Network!

Please help me reach my goal of raising $2,000 for the Children's Miracle Network. Every penny counts! Just follow the link below http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=20917B8793F94F

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Learn and Burn!

Tomorrow is big day 1 out of 4 (I hope only 4)!! I have been studying since May for the Regulation section of the CPA exam. I have been on the edge the last few weeks because I have been impatiently waiting for my NTS, which allows me to schedule my exam. It is supposed to take 6 weeks... mine took 8. I FINALLY received it on Friday and was able to schedule my exam for tomorrow. So, unfortunately, I had to cancel Get in the Game Monday.

I have been studying non stop for the past 48 hours and finally decided at 8:47 p.m. that it was time to call it quits. I cannot possibly cram anything else into my brain. So tonight, I am going to paint my toes, eat some strawberries, watch Licensed to Wed, and give you some fun info on being healthy that I learned in the PwC monthly newsletter!

Since I am a numbers person, I like to know the how many calories you burn for each activity that you partake in. Here are the facts...

If you....Then you Burn
Play with your dog... 75 Calories/Hour
Take a Walk in the park... 115 Calories/Hour
Weed the Garden... 230 Calories/Hour
Play Golf (with a cart!)... 250 Calories/Hour
Play Softball... 260 Calories/Hour
Play Doubles Tennis... 350 Calories/Hour
Exercise using an elliptical... 850 Calories/Hour


So, like I said last week, I am not getting a gym membership until I am finished with my exams, so until then, I can use some of the things on the list above to make sure that I am staying in good physical shape!


Alright I hope everyone took on the Move it and Lose it challenge last week by parking in the back of parking lot, but it is time for a new challenge!

Move it and Lose it Challenge #2: Take the stairs! I know how tempting it is to take the elevator, trust me, there is one in my parking garage and I park on the top floor. But taking the stairs, esp in the morning, is a good way to get your heart pumping early!

No comments:

Post a Comment