Children's Miracle Network!

Please help me reach my goal of raising $2,000 for the Children's Miracle Network. Every penny counts! Just follow the link below http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=20917B8793F94F

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The $8 Experiment

Yesterday, I went to Wal-Mart and bought an $8 twin black flat sheet... but I didn't buy it for my bed. I probably should have bought a queen so that eventually it could have been used for its natural purpose..oh well. That sheet was wrapped around a portable clothing rack and was put on my porch. You must be thinking that we do really crazy things at my house, but it actually didn't turn out to be too crazy at all.

The reasons for this mayhem was because I was shocked when I found out how much head shots were going to cost! In this economy, there are just some things that you need to cut back on. So instead of paying a couple hundred dollars, I had my father, who is very gifted at photography, take a shot at it (pun intended :p ). He ended up doing a pretty darn good job for a back yard photo studio and I am psyched that it only cost me $8!! You will have to wait to see the photo though until the 2010 contestant head shots are released!!

Besides from our $8 experiment, there were many other fun things that i did this week! Today, I started off my morning by getting lost.... in my own town... so sad. It really wasn't my fault though because Thomas (said with a British accent) was very confused on where to take us...If you were wondering, Thomas is my GPS life-saver that thinks he is from England (he's had a rough couple of weeks). When Thomas and I finally found the Arnot Ogden Medical Center, I got to meet Steve and Sarah, two great CMN Representatives in the Finger Lakes Region! Did you know that a two-pound baby only has ONE TABLESPOON of blood circulating through his/her body? CRAZY! Anyway, I got started with my volunteer work right away! Unfortunately we couldn't go up to the care unit today, but we will be doing so in the near future. I ended up helping to organize a reunion event for babies and their families that have been blessed with the care of the Children's Miracle Network. There are over 30 families already signed up to attend, so that just goes to show how many lives are affected by this wonderful organization.

My next stop was a meeting with Michele from Corning Family Services. We talked about some awesome opportunities that I cannot wait to get involved in. Every year there is a CFA vs Northside Blodgett Middle School Challenge Day (go Northside!!) and this year I get to help out with it! The day consists of multiple obstacle courses and different events where the two schools compete head to head. We also discussed the summer program that I too get to be a part of! Every Friday this summer I will be volunteering with kids ranging from 8-18 years old. The program is to get kids active and teach them about healthy choices while their parents are at work. I cannot wait for the summer festivities to begin!

My day ended in the most relaxing way possible; a day of beauty at the Ulta Salon! A huge thank you to Sasha who gave me my first facial ever and to JoAnna who made my hair look awesome! When I left the Salon, without fail, Thomas got us a little lost-- He's a little like me.. he keeps trying and trying until he eventually gets us in the right place!

Now that I have written you all a novel, it is time for me to go to sleep so that I can wake up bright and early for a fun day of tax returns!!

No comments:

Post a Comment