Children's Miracle Network!

Please help me reach my goal of raising $2,000 for the Children's Miracle Network. Every penny counts! Just follow the link below http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=20917B8793F94F

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Would You Like Fries With That?

I remember one day after swim practice (I was probably about 10 years old) I asked my mom if we could stop at McDonald's to get a Happy Meal. I was so excited when she agreed to take us! When we got home, I ripped open the bag to see my newest toy! It wasn't in there. I think I was more upset about the toy than I would have been if I had not received the hamburger. My point? Half of the reason why kids ask to get fast food is because they know that they will be getting a toy. It isn't about the food...it's about the fun. I just watched a yahoo video that stated a County in California will be banning kids toys in all fast food restaurants in 90 days. My reaction? HIGH FIVE!!

Statistics show that 25% of children in this particular county are overweight. If you want to buy your children a toy, then buy them a toy! Don't buy them an unhealthy meal just so they can get the toy. Hopefully, once the children no longer associate fast food restaurants with gifts, then they will not be so apt to beg their parents for it. Now I am not saying that kids don't deserve a toy every once in awhile, but it is just as easy to go to Wal Mart and buy a matchbox car and then enjoy a nice HEALTHY dinner at home with the family. Way to go California!

No comments:

Post a Comment