Children's Miracle Network!

Please help me reach my goal of raising $2,000 for the Children's Miracle Network. Every penny counts! Just follow the link below http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=20917B8793F94F

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The String of Emotions

You would have thought I was getting married, won a billion dollars, and found a cure for cancer.. I was that excited. Kieren and I spent the night at the Holiday Inn and had to wake up at 6 a.m. to start the day. Now, most people would roll out of bed slowly, then stumble to the bathroom, and find some sort of caffeinated beverage. Not me! Alarm goes off at 6 a.m. and what do I do? Jump on the bed!! Kieren thought I was crazy, but she did capture the moment on film! I am sure the photos will be arriving on facebook any day now.

So after the initial excitement, the next phase of emotion struck me. Nervousness. The next part of my morning I spent getting sick. Now maybe it was in combination with being dizzy from jumping on the bed, but I blame it on the nerves!

When we arrived at SUNY Albany, I was right back to excitement! Meeting all of the girls was so fun, everyone is so friendly and I can't wait to spend the week with everyone in June! We started the workshop with talent...and let me tell you, everyone is SO gifted. It is going to be such an awesome show to watch! I was given some really great feedback and now I know exactly what I need to work on to be ready for June.

After talent we were in strict learning mode from then on out. My emotion then? Overwhelmed! Now if you know me at all, you would know that am...well how do I say this is in a good way.. a HORRIBLE DANCER! Kent kicked my butt as we tried to learn the opening number dance. All I can say is good thing that I have two months to practice it! We also got to watch a Miss America Interview and I think I can speak for everyone when I say that this was extremely helpful. We learned about really getting our personality to shine through and directing the interview to what we want to talk about.

The final emotion of the day... exhaustion. I had a four hour drive back to Geneseo that night so that I could just wake up the next morning at 7 to get a paper written by 3.

Best Weekend Ever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment