Children's Miracle Network!

Please help me reach my goal of raising $2,000 for the Children's Miracle Network. Every penny counts! Just follow the link below http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=20917B8793F94F

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm Lovin It!

One of my favorite places to volunteer at is the Ronald McDonald House. This time was extra special because I was able to volunteer as Miss Finger Lakes! The Ronald McDonald House is a non-profit organization that provides food and housing for families that have children fighting diseases. They are so blessed to be apart of the Ronald McDonald family because without this wonderful organization, many of these families would not be able to afford to drive back and forth from the hospital or to pay for hotels and food. PricewaterhouseCoopers, the accounting firm that I work for, sends a group of people to volunteer once a month. Today was my third time volunteering and I must say, my cooking skills are improving!



Me cooking candy carrots in the spirit of Easter!
Today, we had a bit of extra help in the kitchen! Joshua is just five years old and let me tell you he is an excellent cook (really... he told me how to cook those carrots because I had no idea)!! Joshua's family are regulars at the Ronald McDonald House because they are waiting for a lung donor so that Joshua can lead a more normal life. Joshua and his mother are extremely high in spirit and it was so great to have a chance to talk with them today.

Joshua teaching me how to make the carrots :)


Job Well Done!!!!
As we were rapping up at the Ronald McDonald House, I ran into the girl scouts of Western NY who were just arriving. I was given the opportunity to speak with them and thank them for their service to the community. It is so wonderful to see young people volunteering, especially since that is part of my own personal platform issue! We all agreed that we wanted to do an event together, so that will be coming up in the near future!! Stay tuned :)



No comments:

Post a Comment